Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10/11/11: CGs over Norman

  I needed something to make up for the disappointment of not having anything to chase over the summer, and I got it late on the night of October 11, 2011.  Seeing distant flickers out the window, I pulled up Weather Underground's lightning product and noticed quite a few CGs in some storms off to the west.  They were inexplicably holding together in a cool, uninspiring environment for thunderstorms.  I tried a couple worthless, overly lit roadside spots in northern Norman before parking in a neighborhood off Tecumseh Road and walking down to the sidewalk.  There I was treated to a rapid succession of CGs in the distance to the west, as well as a couple closer strikes just to the northeast.  I finally got something like a good lightning photo with the nearest stroke.




No comments:

Post a Comment